Future version of this program

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Feb 7 17:27:07 EST 2006

  John Boyle <oldsarge at harbornet.com>,
  In a message on Tue, 07 Feb 2006 13:17:20 -0800, wrote :

JB> My system is based on KDE, is it true that Gnucash, in the future
JB> upgrades, will require the use of Gnome?

Common misconception: There are applications that use Gnome's libraries
and there is Gnome itself.  Ditto for KDE.  Gnome *applications* (asside
from the ones that implement the 'Gnome Desktop', run just fine under other
desktop environments other then Gnome, such as KDE and even run under no
'desktop environment' (such as my plain fvwm2 window manager).  KDE
*applications* (asside from the ones that implement the 'KDE Desktop',
run just fine under other desktop environments other then KDE, such as
Gnome and even run under no 'desktop environment' (such as my plain
fvwm2 window manager).

No, Gnucash does not and won't require you to use a Gnome desktop.  You
will need to have the Gnome libraries installed.