401(k) Employer Match

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Wed Feb 8 15:53:07 EST 2006

>>>>> "ark" == Adam Rosi-Kessel <adam at rosi-kessel.org> writes:

    ark> I have a 401(k) with a 50% contribution employer match that
    ark> vests over four years. So far, I just haven't been accounting
    ark> for it at all. I didn't see anything in the Wiki FAQ about
    ark> 401(k)'s.  Any suggestions of how best to handle that?

With the usual IANAA, I have a split on each paycheck that goes to a
"savings" account for the 401k contributions.  I then reconcile the
actual purchases with my statements.  I do the same thing for my wife's
401k although her plan does not give detailed transactions, only
quarterly summaries.  So for that I set up a spreadsheet where I could
plug in all the values to get things like average purchase price, etc.,
based on the loss/gain and dividends reported.

regards,

roland
--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD