Problem with swedish characters

Fredrik Persson frepe at bredband.net
Sun Feb 12 12:26:10 EST 2006

Hello!

I've googled around for solutions to this problem, without finding anything really useful.

I'm having severe problems with the swedish characters åäö, ÅÄÖ in 1.8.10. (Can't tell if this exists on 1.8.12 as well, can't build that thing on Ubuntu.)

Here are a few screenshots to explain the problem:

1. The characters åäö ÅÄÖ works fine when it comes to account names, as can be seen here:

http://server4.pictiger.com/img/31475/picture-hosting/account-name-works.jpg

2. The characters åäö ÅÄÖ does NOT work in entries properly, but they DO work in the bottom of the window. I don't know what that is called, but it is clear from this screenshot:

http://server4.pictiger.com/img/31476/picture-hosting/entry-does-now-work.jpg

I started gnucash with non-UTF8 locale like so:

LC_ALL=sv_SE gnucash

... because my regular locale is en_US.UTF-8 and if I don't do this, no swedish characters are shown at all, and I get a LOT of error messages when I start gnucash:

Error: gnc_mbstowcs: bad multi-byte conversion
Error: gnc_quickfill_insert: bad text conversion

What can I do? Is there anything I *can* do?

Thanks!

/Fredrik Persson