Compiling 1.9 - ltdl.h/libtool error [was: RE: Semi-OT:Eastern MA (US) banks compatable with GNUCash?]

Don Levey gnucash at the-leveys.us
Tue Feb 14 20:20:13 EST 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Don Levey <gnucash at the-leveys.us>:
>
>> So... there I am, trying to compile 1.9.  I figured I would take the
>> chance, since the next RPM package for Fedora would most likely be
>> 2.0 and would update then.  First step is to run ./configure, where
>> I get:
>>
>> 	checking for ltdl.h... no
>> 	configure: error: Cannot find ltdl.h -- libtool-devel not installed?
>>
>> Interesting thing is:
>> 	[root at dauphin gnucash-1.9.0]# rpm -q libtool
>> 	libtool-1.5.16.multilib2-3
>> 	[root at dauphin gnucash-1.9.0]# locate ltdl.h
>> 	/usr/share/libtool/libltdl/ltdl.h
>> 	/usr/include/lam_ltdl.h
>
> What do you see in config.log?  I've built 1.9 cvs on FC4 just fine.
>
> -derek

The last bit is here:
	## ----------- ##
	## confdefs.h. ##
	## ----------- ##

	#define ENABLE_NLS 1
	#define GETTEXT_PACKAGE "gnucash"
	#define GNUCASH_MAJOR_VERSION 1
	#define GNUCASH_MICRO_VERSION 0
	#define GNUCASH_MINOR_VERSION 9
	#define HAVE_BIND_TEXTDOMAIN_CODESET 1
	#define HAVE_DCGETTEXT 1
	<snip>
	#define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
	#define STDC_HEADERS 1
	#define STDC_HEADERS 1
	#define VERSION "1.9.0"
	#endif
	#ifdef __cplusplus
	extern "C" void std::exit (int) throw (); using std::exit;

	configure: exit 1

I admit this doesn't mean much to me; should I be looking further back?
I've uploaded the entire log here:
http://www.the-leveys.us:6080/misc/config.log
in case that helps.

 -Don