OFX Direct Connect?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 15 10:07:27 EST 2006

Quoting Don Levey <gnucash at the-leveys.us>:

>> This is "rpm 101" stuff.. rpm -Uvh means "Upgrade", so it will replace
>> the existing libofx with the new RPM.  You'll need to manually remove
>> gnucash-1.8 first via rpm -e.
>>
>> -derek
>
> My apologies - I'm not thinking this through.  I've done 101, but should
> probably do 102 now.
>
> Anyway, libofx requires opensp-devel.  Opensp-devel requires opensp.  Opensp
> requires glibc 2.4.  Apparently, that is why I need it, at least installing
> from the opensp rpms.  Running from rpmrebuild as you suggest above
> completes, but now I get many library conflicts with openjade when I try to
> install the RPM.  The openjade package is needed by quite a few things on my
> system, including the installed openofx 0.7.

EH?   "yum install opensp-devel"
You're BUILDING FROM SOURCE!  The WHOLE POINT is to rebuild libofx
against the FC4 libraries.   Ignore the fact that this is being done
by RPM -- what you're doing here is the same as when you run configure;
make; make install by hand -- the only difference is that RPM does
it for you, and you get the benefit of RPM package management on the
files.

You're thinking to hard about the problem here.   thinking WAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY
too hard.

Did you try doing what I told you to?  Did the rpmbuild fail?  Or are
you just /guessing/ that this is going to be a problem?    Note that
the rpmbuild could fail if package names change and there's a BuildRequires
for the new-package-devel -- in /that/ case you'll need to change the
.spec and change the BuildRequires to the old-package-devel.