Gnucash 1.8.9 +Suse 10.0

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 03:20:56 EST 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 1:44 am, Art Fore wrote:
> I realize the Invoicing features in gnucash leave a lot to be desired
> and I have found work-arounds for most things, but I need to use it
> or go back to windows which I do not want to do.

I need to use invoicing as much, if not more, but I don't have the option of
going back to windows so I'm trying to improve things for gnucash2.
:-)

I am working on ways to simplify invoice creation - e.g. you could create a
script that generates a QSF invoice template in XML and import that each time
you want an invoice. There's still quite a bit to do to get this working
properly in gnucash2 but it's a lot closer than it was a few months back.
(e.g. Need to ensure that a template can include a blank guid so that each
import of the template creates a new invoice.)

> I have some invoices already done and posted. Is there any way I can
> copy these invoices and change the invoicing date and due date and
> repost as a new invoice?

In gnucash2, you will be able to export all invoices to QSF and I'll be adding
an individual export for a specific invoice later. This shows you the
structure of an invoice in QSF XML to be able to produce invoices externally
or create the template.

e.g. I'm creating invoice data from a Palm PDA and converting that data into
invoices in gnucash2.

> I have a number of inoices that are the same
> each month and it is a PITA to redo each invoice every month just for a
> date change and I have found no way to copy them. Takes about 4 times
> longer that Quicken Small Business in
> Windows. (I average about 11 or 12 invoices a month)

I average 24 to 30 per month.

Considering your later messages, it would be appreciated if you showed some
consideration for how difficult some of these things are to accomplish in the
code. GnuCash is a volunteer effort, we all have full time jobs and work on
gnucash in our spare time.

--

Neil Williams