Help: getting Gnucash to somewhat work in Windows

ben-gnucash at xig.net ben-gnucash at xig.net
Wed Jan 4 11:52:58 EST 2006

I completely understand that a Gnucash Windows port is nonexistant and
nontrivial.  However, I nonetheless need to run Gnucash on a Windows
laptop.  So ANY help anyone can be is appreciated, especially if someone
has tried some of these things.  My ideas are:

1.  Install GnuCash locally on the windows machine   (I don't think
option 1 will work)
a) over Cygwin
b) over Microsoft SFU
c) over CoLinux
d) over some other similar environment

2.  Or  install GnuCash on a Linux server and display the X session
using (this seems like it should work - any experiences?)
a)  Cygwin/X
b) X-Win32
c)  using some other Xserver that I'm not aware of.

3.  Display it using VNC (I'm sure this would work, but in every other
regard it's the worst option)

If anyone has any experience, particularly with #2, any information is
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben