Locale

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jrposting at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 4 17:04:14 EST 2006

Hi all,

I bought a new PC a month or so ago and used it as an opportunity to
switch from KDE and Mandrake 10.1 to Gnome and Ubuntu 5.10.

The Gnucash install (1.8.10) went flawlessly with apt-get, but I am
having problems setting up the locale as it was - UK English but the
default currency in Euros, as I am based in Germany. My default currency
is coming out in GBP.

This is the reason, I assume, that only the GBP accounts are being
summed, the others being converted to 0 GBP, although correct
conversions are present in the price editor. (I might even call this a
bug?).

So - how do I set my currency locale to Euros whilst leaving everything
else?

I assume that this is semi-OT, as the fix will be either setting an
environment variable or changing something in Gnome, but I hope somebody
can help me here as I have had no joy in the Ubuntu forums.

Regards

Jeff Ratcliffe