EDIT DESCRIPTIONS & TRANSFER FILES

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Jan 8 05:29:30 EST 2006

On Wednesday 09 November 2005 2:58 am, David B. Jablonski wrote:
> How can I use the description file from an old account on a new one.

There is no separate description file - the QuickFill that you refer to is
populated from the current data file. The description for each existing
account is given in the XML data file.

> The TRANSFER info is always there

That's built from the list of accounts in the data file.

> but the auto-complete for the
> DESCRIPTION field does not work because there are no descriptions for
> the new account yet.

Are you trying to create another data file with the same descriptions (copy
it) or are you trying to create a new account in a new file?

> EX.  Opened a new checking account.  After setting
> up account no DESCRIPTIONS auto-complete until after I type that
> specific one in - then the next time I use the same payee (DESCRIPTION)
> it auto completes.

In a new file, the quickfill data doesn't exist until you type something in,
then it is available for reuse - within the same file.

--

Neil Williams