Cash vs Accrual Accounting and Cygwin/X

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 10 16:09:31 EST 2006

Andrew Sackville-West <andrew at farwestbilliards.com> writes:

> how are the various invoce dates handled? You've got an opening
> invoice date, a date for each line-item in the invoice and a posting
> date. Which date ends up where in reporting?  (I know go test it
> myself).

The line-item dates are only seen from the invoice itself, never the
CoA.  The opening date also is just in the invoice.  The post date is
also the date on the transaction.

> I would think that manipulation of those dates would help with the
> cash basis thing.

Maybe..  The problem is that you'd need to keep the original posting
out of the CoA until it's paid, but then you never actually see the
fact that the invoice is posted.  Catch-22.