GNUCash Blog, RHEL/CentOS & v 1.8 vs 2.0

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 10 16:26:19 EST 2006

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 09:40:55AM -0800, Todd Wells wrote:
| Often when one person brings something up, it's an indication that
| other people may feel the same way.

It isn't always the case.  Sometimes it just means that person simply
needs a little more information.  (I'm speaking in general terms, not
about this particular situation)

| Thanks for punishing all of us
| and making him feel so welcome.

Take a second look at Derek's own message.  He made a point, although
it might not be immediately obvious.  (I missed the subtlety the first
time)

| Viva Open Source!

Agreed.

Personally I don't think the notice will do much, if any, good at the
bottom of the message.  The people who need to read it probably won't
read that far.  I have observed many posts (on various lists) asking
how to unsubscribe when the exact instructions are at the end of every
single message (an many times are quoted in the message asking for the
instructions).  Not that the notice wasn't very annoying at the
beginning, but at least it had a chance of serving its purpose.

-D

--
\begin{humor}
Disclaimer: