Business year end

Laurent Duperval lduperval at videotron.ca
Tue Jan 10 18:39:03 EST 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:

>Laurent Duperval <lduperval at videotron.ca> writes:
>

>>Is there a document somewhere that explains how to do business year-end
>>with GnuCash? I entered al my information but I need to calculate
>>retained earnings. Specifically, where does the equity for retained
>>earnings come from? Do I just enter an amount in Equity:RetainedEarnings
>>or am I supposed to debit money from elsewhere.
>>

>The balance sheet will do this for you.   Or do you really want to
>zero out the income and expense accounts?

So I just enter the amount in Equity? It doesn't need to be taken out of
anything? I seem to remember reading about this somewhere. I'll search
some more for the info.

Thanks,

Prenez la parole en public en étant         Speak to an audience while being
moins nerveux et plus convaincant!         less nervous and more convincing!
Éveillez l'orateur en vous!                    Bring out the speaker in you!

Information: laurent at duperval.com   http://www.duperval.com   (514) 902-0186