Need help with 'Get Quotes'; system error

Leon Goldman leon244 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 14 08:43:58 EST 2006

I just upgraded to Mandriva 2006. All went well. It has gnucash 1.8. All
my old information was retrieved. I ran update-finance-quote and let it
run automatically; it ran and exited with 'ok'.  After that when I tried
to run "get quotes" I get a message that it fails because of a "System
error" but no further information as to what it is and what to do. I
tried running gnucash from a console to see if a message would be
written, but nothing was generated. Running dmesg did not give any
useful information. I would appreciate  any suggestions or help you all
may have. Thanks

system is Pentium 4 2.4GHz, 1 GB RAM, ethernet connection to Internet
and it is working, Linux with 2.6.12 kernel from Mandriva and using kde
as my window manager
Thank you.

Leon