gnucash-user Digest, Vol 34, Issue 16

Leon Goldman leon244 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 15 22:22:09 EST 2006

Teh problem is that I didn't write down each rpm file that  I
installed.  I went to http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html  I
then went down the list there and did an rpm -qa|grep "listed item" to
see if it was installed. If it wasn't I used the Mandriva uprm system to
retrieve and install the appropriate items. In my case it was GNAT,
binutils, MPFR library, and GMP libraries. The problem is that I also
installed some PERL binaries listed in the Mandriva MCC, but do  not
know if they were needed. I installed all these and then ran gnucash and
the finance::quote was then working. My suspicion is that the needed
items were only those I listed from gnu.org.

Hope this helps someone else.

Leon