Carrying Forward Creditor & Debtor Balances in New Year

Jean Onyango jean at kenic.or.ke
Mon Jan 16 09:44:27 EST 2006

Hi,

I read from the Archives that when carrying forward debtor balances, one
must re-enter any outstanding bills/invoices which have been carried
forward from last year.

With an example of accounts payables, when entering outstanding invoices
I entered the 'expense' account to point to Current Liabilities:Accruals
(in my chart of accounts) because there's no option to take the amount
to Equity. Upon posting, I posted  the amount to Accruals once more.

Instead of getting a double figure (so that I could transfer the first
amount to Equity), I get only the first figure. What I'm I doing wrong?
How I'm I supposed to go about this?

Jean