Insurance shared with employer

Brian Dolbec brian_dolbec at telus.net
Fri Jan 20 01:00:11 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-19-01 at 19:57 -0500, David Reed wrote:
> In most cases in the U.S. it is a non-taxable benefit - I have a
> separate account/category - for this and my employer's contribution
> to my 403B.
>
> Dave

If you look at his email address it is a dot ca as in Canada.  Up here
it is considered a taxable benefit and therefore shows in his gross
salary/wages for tax calculations, just like mine are :(   Even RRSP
deductions are still taxed at time of payroll.  You have to wait till
you get it back on your tax refund check if your lucky enough to get
one.

(RRSP = Registered Retirement Savings Plan (tax sheltered))

--
Brian Dolbec <brian_dolbec at telus.net>