'Get online quotes' greyed out..

Jeremy Johnson jjsomewhere at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 16:59:31 EST 2006

Hi all,

I've just installed GnuCash on Mac OS 10.4.4 via Fink,
and it's working fine other than the dialog that sets
up automatic quote retrieval for each stock. It's
greyed out and says 'Warning Finance::Quote not
installed properly' underneath.

I've quit GnuCash, reinstalled Finance::Quote using
update-finance-quote (with runs successfully and ends
with an OK) and used dump-finance-quote to
successfully retrieve a share price for AAPL from
yahoo_europe. I've also added a stock in the price
editor, created a Stocks account and added a single
AAPL share to that account.

But the checkbox to tell Gnucash that I want to
automtically retrieve stock prices remains greyed out.
 When I click 'Get quotes' in the price editor it says
'No accounts marked for quote retrieval' and when I
run 'gnucash --add-price-quotes $HOME/gnucash.xac' I
get the same message.

What else can I try? I"ve run out of options. I'm not
a novice at the command line so feel free to get
technical.

Jeremy.