Scheduled transaction not getting enterred..

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Fri Jan 20 23:46:43 EST 2006

I'm a happy GnuCash user (along with my wife).  While reconciling our
checking account, I found two transactions missing (okay, more than
that, but the others were human forgetfulness...).

I'm running gnucash 1.8.12-0.fc4 (Fedora Core 4).

I have to New York State 529 plans for my two children's college saving
plans.  Each month, there is an automatic transfer into the account.
The account is essentially like a mutual fund, but doesn't openly trade,
so there is no ticker, I have to periodically update the prices
manually.  I thought I had configured GnuCash to schedule the
transaction monthly on the 15th, automatically enter it 45 days in
advance without bothering to notify me.  This is the same schedule I use
for all our automatic expenses.

But there were no transactions entered for December, January, or
February (even though we are now within the 45-day window for that last
one).  So I entered both the 12/2005 and 1/2006 transactions, and
clicked the "Schedule" button at the top of the account window, and
configured this new transaction.

Then I noticed that I really *had* scheduled it before since I now had
two in the list.  GnuCash claimed the next entry date for the original
one was now 2006-03-15.  I deleted the original schedule entry, closed
the schedule window.  I then repeated for my other child's account.

Then from the main accounts window, I ran Actions->Scheduled
Transactions->Since Last Run... and it claimed to enter 2 new
(presumably the ones for February).  But when I went to our checking
account window, there are not there.  I tried searching for them, but
they are really not anywhere.

Any ideas on what might be happening with these?  If this looks like
something new, I'll file a bugzilla item....

regards,

roland
--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD