Applying Scheduled Payment Kills Program

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Mon Jan 23 21:18:20 EST 2006

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 13:08, Gregg Fowler wrote:
> I am very new to GNUCash. I have been using it for less than a week.
> Just migrated same time period from Windows XP to Ubuntu linux and have
> been using Microsoft Money. Took me a while to get the program set up as
> there were conflicts with some of my transactions that I imported.
> Finally got that all straightened out and got the hang of the basics. I
> have one problem. I set up a payment schedule for all of my bills in the
> Scheduler. It came time to pay a bill and I can click on the particular
> bill and go next and it shows the amount. When I go forward again
> however, the action kills the program immediately and it dissappears
> from the screen. This happens every time. I have repeated this about 10
> times with the same result. Does anyone have any idea of where I might
> find the conflict and a solution. As I said I am very new to Linux. Any
> help would be greatly appreciated. Scheduling my bills in this manner is
> the only thing that I must have to complete the transition.
>
>                                         Thanks,
>
>                                         Gregg

Yes, we know this one well. You have a mistake in the schedule of bills (mine
used to be that a transaction was unbalanced, ie had no account to pay
from) .
You need to turn off the scheduled payments. Try following this from the wiki
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_GnuCash_crashes_on_startup_trying_to_run_an_SX.__How_do_I_fix_this.3F

Liz

--
"There is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
-- Mark Twain