problem loading gnucash on colinux

bn aval57 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 00:43:15 EST 2006

Right as usual, Derek!

The problem was a lack of matching fonts on my
x-server (xming).  I added optional packages on both
the linux and x-server sides, and gnucash runs like a
charm (for now, anyway).

Many thanks to you and all who posted suggestions.
Now if I could only get back onto my home network,
which I've managed to screw up in the process of all
this, I could try importing some qif files...

Bahman

btw, I get an 'Error activating XKBD configuration' on
gnome startup, but this is happening to a lot of
gnomers according to google; many reports of it but no
definitive solution apparently.  If anyone knows how
to fix it, please let me know.

--- Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> bn <aval57 at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > Thanks Derek, got it now.  The problem turns out
> > be:

> > y at colinux:~$ gnucash
> > The font

"-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-*-*"
> > does not support all the required character sets
> for
> > the current locale

"LC_CTYPE=en_US;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=C;LC_COLLATE=C;LC_MONETARY=C;LC_MESSAGES=C;LC_PAPER=C;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=C;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C"