aqHBCI Wizard help file?

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 27 01:22:50 EST 2006

On Jan 26, 2006, at 8:15 PM, Don Levey wrote:

> Is there any sort of help file, FAQ, or other documentation for the
> aqHBCI
> Wizard?  I did indeed try the aqhcbi-qt-tools package and was able
> to start
> the wizard, but now (in addition to needing the bank code and server
> address, neither of which my bank seems to be willing to provide) I
> am asked
> for both a User ID and a Customer ID (but no password).  I'm trying
> to see
> what these are...
>
>  -Don

I've been experimenting. I believe the User ID is the ID the bank
expects you to log in with in the online banking function, it is
usually the same as your web login ID (but not always -- ameritrade
ofx login is not my web login). At the moment, I don't think customer
ID matters.

The password is requested by a pop up dialog when you initiate a
session.

I'm currently experimenting in gnucash2 with aqbanking 1.9.x, so I
don't know what differences exist with earlier aqbanking with gnucash
 >= 1.8.10 or .11. (for whatever reason, my attempts to get hbci
working on the 1.8 gnucash didn't work; but I'm having better luck
with gnucash2). There are still some bugs to work out, but things are
really looking up (thanks Martin and Christian!).

As to needing the bank code and server, you have to look up that in
some of the online banking sleuthing results. I doubt that the front
line customer service people even know the info. Try: http://
www.jongsma.org/gc/ for a howto on getting web addresses of ofx
servers. I recommend trying the data in one of the older data stores
on that site. But you may have to run the script to get newer
information. For instance Chase has just moved all its quicken online
stuff to a new server (looks to me like they're using the FirstUSA
infrastructure that they acquired via the BankOne purchase...).

Good luck.
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net