newbie: customizing register view

bn aval57 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 14:55:04 EST 2006

Thanks for the reply, Derek.  I noticed in browsing
the CVS that you're also the qiflord of gnucash.

--- Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> bn <aval57 at yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > How do I get the 'Memo' field to display in the
> basic
> > ledger view?  I imported a qif file, but can only
> see
> > 'Memo' in the transaction journal view.  (A) Is
this
> how
> > it's supposed to be, or is there a problem with
> the
> > import*?  (B) Is there a way to user-define the
> register
> > styles?
>
> No.

I'm assuming no applies to (B) above.  What about (A)?
 I should clarify that the 'Memos' all appear
correctly in tj view.  Just wondered why the field
isn't shown in any other view.

> > *import details: original qif was produced by
> Quicken
> > 6, I converted it to unix Ansi format in
> mswindows,
> > then converted it to en_US.iso88591 format via
> gedit
> > in gnome.  gnucash is running in the
> en_US.iso88591
> > locale, and the import druid didn't complain abut
> anything.
>
> This is odd...  Unless you actually had a
> Description field in
> the QIF that happened to be empty..

quicken comments have imported, according to the tj
view.  Is there any issue with the ancientness of
Quicken 6, i.e. has the qif format changed since then?

Bahman