Register columns resizing

Leslie Katz lesliek at ozemail.com.au
Sun Jul 2 23:26:25 EDT 2006

I am definitely the king of silly questions!

Suddenly, at least some of the columns in my registers are of different
size than they used to be. Some are now so narrow that the start of
multi-digit numbers in them can no longer be seen. It's very irritating.

I tried putting the cursor over the lines dividing the headings of the
columns and then dragging the lines, but they seem to return to their
existing positions as soon as I release the mouse button.

Is there some combination of keys I should be holding down while I try
to drag the dividing lines?

Alternatively, is there some other mechanism for resizing register
columns? I looked for one, but didn't find it.