Importing KMyMoney2 Into 1.9.8

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 6 20:08:39 EDT 2006

   About a year ago I had to abandon gnucash (after being a satisfied user
for several years) because it would not run on Slackware-10.x with the
Gnome2 libraries. I was advised to migrate to KMyMoney2, which I did. That
application read and imported my partial-year gnucash data.

   However, much as I've tried to like KMyMoney2 (and ignore the ugly name),
I just cannot. It's too buggy, awkward, and slow.

   Yesterday, I installed FreeRock Gnome (using slapt-get), and followed that
by building gnucash-1.9.8. It comes up nicely, but I cannot import the .qif
data I exported from KMM2. I really don't want to re-enter 6+ months of
data. Is there a process that will let me export the proper data from KMM2
so dates and other data are recognized by gnucash's import function?

TIA,

Rich