Notes on Intel Mac Attempts

Allen Ziegenfus listmail at allenz.net
Sun Jul 9 22:03:58 EDT 2006

In the correspondence entitled, "Re: Notes on Intel Mac Attempts"
Derek Atkins wisely said:

> If you want to get past the g-wrap issues you could back up to g-wrap
> 1.3.4 and then configure gnucash with --disable-error-on-warning.
> It's not recommended, because it could hide other warnings/errors
> during the build, but it might help you move forward.

 I just tried this suggestion using the latest from subversion and some
nice instructions at: http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSXInstallation. I
have a Mac Mini and was able to get gnucash to build and run.
Hooray! That said, whenever I try to open any of the account registers,
gnucash crashes. On the plus side, I can see all of my accounts in the
account tree and run reports. This is my first look at the 1.9.x series
and it looks pretty nice.

Would it be helpful for me to post some kind of crash analysis? I don't
see any output in the console but I suppose there are some options I
could turn on to provide more info.

I tried first getting g-wrap 1.9.6 to work but it looks like that's a no
go till libffi is updated to include darwin intel support.

AZ