Compiling Gnucash 2.0 On Intel Mac

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 11 04:17:54 EDT 2006

I saw today that 2.0 had been released (Congratulations!), and I checked out
the wiki page, and saw captswing's note about compiling on MacIntel machines. I
followed his directions, and got gnucash to compile. Or at least, it made it
all the way through the configure and make steps.

[As an aside, someone recently had troubles with guile-1.6 not being found--I
ran into this as well, but cleared it up by uninstalling the plain guile
packages in fink and leaving the guile-16 packages]

When I tried to "make install" it aborted with:

Making all in core-utils
rm -f gnucash g-wrapped
ln -s -f . gnucash
ln -s -f . g-wrapped
touch .scm-links
FLAVOR=gnome /opt/local/bin/guile -c \
          "(set! %load-path (cons \"/sw/share/guile/1.6/g-wrap-1.3.4\"
%load-path)) \
           (primitive-load \"./gw-core-utils-spec.scm\") \
           (gw:generate-wrapset \"gw-core-utils\")"
ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
ERROR: Unable to find file "slib/guile.init" in load path

My copy of that file is in: /sw/share/slib, but I don't know what I'd need to
change to remedy this. My previous commands were:

export CFLAGS="-L/sw/lib -I/sw/include"
export CFLAGS="-L/sw/lib -I/sw/include"
export CPPFLAGS="-L/sw/lib -I/sw/include"
export LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib"
export PATH=$PATH:/sw/share/guile/1.6/scripts/binoverride/
./configure --with-g-wrap-prefix=/sw --enable-compile-warnings

This is so close now, and I'm eager to see GnuCash, so I hope someone can help!

David