Using HBCI with GnuCash 2.0.0 in Debian/Ubuntu

Bernat Tallaferro bernat.tallaferro at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 12:02:21 EDT 2006

I'm using GnuCash on an Ubuntu Dapper machine.

I got GnuCash 2.0.0 to work with HBCI by compiling and installing the
following tarballs from source:

aqbanking-2.1.0
gwenhywfar-2.3.0

After that, I noticed I had some packages installed from previous trials
with GnuCash/HBCI, so I uninstalled them thinking that they would be no
longer required since I had compiled and installed the aqbanking
sources. Due to their dependencies, I had to install all these packages
at once:

libaqbanking0c2a
libaqhbci8
libqbanking1
libaqbanking-plugins-libgwenhywfar17
libaqbanking-data

However, after uninstalling them I noticed that GnuCash no longer showed
the "Online Actions" menu. Reinstalling the packages seemed to solve the
problem.

Could anyone tell me what library/package GnuCash is looking for before
making the decision of whether it should show the "Online Actions" menu
or not?

At the moment I simply don't know whether GnuCash is using my newly
compiled binaries or the precompiled old versions from the packages.

Thanks.