gnucash 2.0

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Jul 11 19:13:58 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 00:56 +0200, Fabrice Salvaire wrote:
> and in src/gnome-utils/Makefile.am
>
> # ## We borrow guile's convention and use @-...-@ as the substitution
> # ## brackets here, instead of the usual @... at .  This prevents
> autoconf
> # ## from substituting the values directly into the left-hand sides of
> # ## the sed substitutions.
> # gnc-dir.h: gnc-dir.h.in ${top_builddir}/config.status Makefile
> #         rm -f $@.tmp
> #         sed < $< > $@.tmp \
> #             -e 's:@-GNC_ACCOUNTS_DIR-@:${GNC_ACCOUNTS_DIR}:g' \
> #             -e 's:@-GNC_GLADE_DIR-@:${GNC_GLADE_DIR}:g' \
> #             -e 's:@-GCONF_SCHEMA_CONFIG_SOURCE_DIRONLY-@:
> ${GCONF_SCHEMA_CONFIG_SOURCE_DIRONLY}:g'
> #         mv $@.tmp $@
>
> gnc-dir.h is not generated by configure BUT by Make! Since it is
> already in the tar ...

When you ./configure, both dependencies 'Makefile' and 'config.status'
should be re-generated, and thus require gnc-dir.h to be rebuilt.

> Do not forget the build in source dir bug also.

I don't know what you mean by this; building in the source dir works
fine.  Earlier you simply asserted that it didn't work without telling
us how and/or what error message you received.

Please follow Derek's advice and relay a literal transcript of what
commands and output you're using to see these problems.

--
...jsled