gnucash 2.0.0 on Solaris 9

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Jul 12 08:54:22 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 20:53 +1000, pjama wrote:
> Well it's running, I've had a fish around and most things seems to
> open and close etc (read: I've no idea what I'm doing yet).

Are you able to open a register?

> A couple of small problems:
> On start I get "/dev/dsp: No such file or directory" ... is this the
> audio dev on linux?

Yeah.  I wonder what's trying to open that.  Running `gnucash 2>&1 |
grep "dsp"` here doesn't have any output... you might try something
similar.

> When I try to open edit/preferences the app dies. Is there any way I
> can get any log or debug or cause as to why this is happening?

/tmp/gnucash.trace should have some logs ... and you should save
whatever's printed to stdout when you run gnucash (from a terminal.  If
it crashes, you might also run in a debugger to trap the termination and
get a backtrace.

--
...jsled