GnuCash 2.0.0 Builds and works under CentOS 4.3

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Wed Jul 12 13:09:06 EDT 2006

OK, I managed to build GnuCash 2.0.0 under CentOS 4.3.  The only thing
I needed to install outside of some -devel packages on the distro CDs
was g-wrap. I downloaded and installed the g-wrap and g-wrap-devel RPMs
from Fedora Core 4 -- they installed without complaint.

When I started it up, it was unhappy about some .gconf setup stuff -- I
don't run GNome as my desktop, so I don't normally have the GNome
support stuff up and running, etc.  It wasn't a major problem -- I just
told it to install whatever it needed in .gconf and it did.  Otherwise
it appears to work just fine.

I saw that there is a gnucash.spec file in the 'packaging' directory.  I
take it this spec file could be used to create a set of RPMs?  Is there
any thing I need to do special to do this?

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration