Configure problem--Gnucash-docs & Makefile.in

Leslie Katz lesliek at ozemail.com.au
Fri Jul 14 01:44:35 EDT 2006

I earlier raised a supplementary question about being told that I didn't
have the file help/C/Makefile.in and suggested a tentative answer to my
own question. I decided to try my tentative answer on the basis that, if
it didn't work, I could start again.

My tentative answer was to delete the empty help/C and then rename
help/c as help/C.

After I did that, I ran configure again and it didn't complain about
missing help/C/makefile.in.

However, it turned out that there was the same problem re
guide/C/Makefile.in, so I did re it the same thing I'd done re help/C.

After that, everything worked without complaint and when I opened v 2 of
Gnucash, my Help material appears to be there.

I'm assuming that the problem I faced had something to do with my own
peculiar setup, rather than being a bug in Gnucash v 2.

Thanks to all for your earlier help.

Leslie