Configure problem--Gnucash-docs & Makefile.in

Leslie Katz lesliek at ozemail.com.au
Sat Jul 15 00:18:09 EDT 2006

Chris Shoemaker wrote:

> There's been a similar report on #gnucash from someone using a vfat
> filesystem.  Are you _sure_ that's not the case for these files on
> your system?
>
> -chris

Yes, I am sure that the relevant partition is ext2.

Just by way of a summary, can I say what happened to me?

In both the help and the guide directories, I had two directories, one
called C and the other called c.
In each case, the C directory was empty, while the c directory was not.
In each case, I deleted the empty C directory and then renamed the c
directory C.
After that, the configure, make and make install proceeded successfully.

If it should matter at all, I add that I'm using Fedora Core 3 with
kernel version 2.6.12-1.1378.

Thanks to all for your earlier help.

It does seem now that I've successfully switched over to v 2.0.0, which
is a great relief to me, since I'm so nervous about these things.

Leslie