Involuntarily created additional account

Leslie Katz lesliek at ozemail.com.au
Sat Jul 15 00:58:03 EDT 2006

After writing just a few minutes ago that I'd successfully migrated to
the new version, I see now that I wrote too soon.

I just got an email informing me of an automatic charge which would be
raised on my credit card account later in the month. I opened my credit
card account register and entered the date, the payee and the amount,
tabbing along as I went.

Under the former dispensation, when I tried to tab to the balance
column, a box always popped up. I clicked on one of the options in that
box (manually adjust something?) and the balance then changed appropriately.

This time, I got no box popping up, but I found when I closed the credit
card register that I'd involuntarily created a new account called, I
think, AUD-Imbalance. I assume that has something to do with
double-entry bookkeeping.

I have no need for double-entry bookkeeping. All I want to do is to
create an electronic record of my bank account/credit card transactions
which I can afterwards compare with the bank's records. Is that no
longer possible under the new version?

Leslie