Adjust font size in GnuCash reports?

Andrew Kovacs mr_k at curl.com.au
Tue Jul 11 06:22:31 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I've been using GnuCash as our dance/social club's accounting system for a
couple of years now and it's been great.  Thanks for your efforts to make
this possible.

I have been frustrated, however, by my failed attempts to change the
appearance of the reports. Both in 1.8.x and 1.9.x (now 2.0 as of yesterday).
Is there any way to adjust the font sizes (I'm staying with V2.0) of text in
the reports.  The fonts on screen are small and neat, but printing is very
large, and I'd like to reduce it, so the printed page looks at least a little
like the screen html page.
So far I've been cutting and pasting my monthly reports into OpenOffice Calc,
and printing them out that way.  Now that V2.0 doesn't cut the lines in half
(horizontally - at the page break), I'd like to print them directly from
GnuCash, but I'm still stuck with the huge fonts, so what should be a 1-page
report is two or three pages.
I'm currently running Debian Sid updated at least weekly (a bit flakey during
transitions, but mostly good), a stock 2.6.16-2-k7 kernel and KDE 3.5.3.
I've also tried GnuCash under Gnome, as it's a GTK application, and I thought
there might be some way of adjusting things there, but no luck.  I have found
the Gnome Configuration Editor, and plenty of GnuCash settings there, but not
for font size (that I could see, anyway).
I've also been searching the net for Debian font setup information, and have
downloaded the Linux Fonts How-To for some light reading :-) (in case the
problem is my Debian fonts setup), but nothing seems to provide a solution.
All my other applications seem to display and print OK.

So, I thought I'd try here, as you guys are the most familiar with GnuCash.
I figure I've probably missed something obvious, and any help will be
appreciated.
Bit long-winded. Sorry.

Regards,
Andrew Kovacs