Howto install GC 1.9 aside current 1.8.11

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sat Jul 15 16:21:17 EDT 2006

[Apologies that this message is just getting delivered.]

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 20:49 +0200, Johan van Oostrum wrote:
> Currently I have, much to my satisfaction, GnuCash 1.8.11 running on a
> Mac. I would like to try out the new 1.9 release but, for my
> small-business administration, keep the 1.8 as main. GC I have
> installed with Fink on a Mac cube with Mac OS X 10.3.9.
> How do I proceed with Fink, or otherwise, so that my 1.8 will not break
> or be replaced by the 1.9 release?

You cannot through those package managers, as far as I know.

If you build gnucash-2.0 by hand, you can install it into /opt/gnucash
(or something similar), and it will work along-side 1.8.

At this point, your best bet is to wait for fink to package gnucash-2.0
and just upgrade.

--
...jsled