problem selling stocks

Jeremy Harris jgh at wizmail.org
Sun Jul 16 16:27:11 EDT 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:

>>> a) you cannot do this from the stock register
>>> b) you have to expand the transaction and select the appropriate
>>> split(s)
>>>   to adjust.
>>
>> Hate to say this, but it still doesn't work.
>> Sorry to be taking your time up with this!
>
> "it"?  Please be more consise with what exactly you are doing that
> "still doesn't work".

Sorry.  In either the stock account or the alternate, for a split
that is in this condition, a right-click on any of the splits
of the transaction produces a menu which does have an
"edit exchange rates" entry but which when selecting
that entry has no apparent effect.  The menu goes away;
no further window for the edit operation appears.

>  I cannot reproduce your problem, so I just
> don't know what else to say.  Did you read the bug report that I
> pointed you at?

I did, but it didn't seem to give any additional info over what you
said.  Probably I should re-read it in case.

One question:  does a stock account have an inherent currency?  I
can't see a way of displaying or editing one, and the initial
create uses the currency box to select the stock.
Is it the default currency and if so, is it that at account-create
or whatever is current?   Or is it that of its parent account?

Thanks,
    Jeremy