Fedora core5 installtion question

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Mon Jul 17 09:45:26 EDT 2006

At Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:26:12 +0530 "Amit Rana" <amit.rana at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  Yes, I did look at that later. I didnt mail too early just wasnt
> reading that not sure why :(
>
> I searched for the libs and found this:
> bash-3.1# find / -name libgtkhtml*
> /usr/lib/libgtkhtml-2.so.0
> /usr/lib/libgtkhtml-1.1.so.3
> /usr/lib/libgtkhtml-3.8.so.15.3.9
> /usr/lib/libgtkhtml-3.8.so.15
> /usr/lib/libgtkhtml-1.1.so.3.0.4
> /usr/lib/libgtkhtml-2.so.0.0.0
> /opt/ymessenger/lib/libgtkhtml.so.6
>
> Why cant it find it?

Because it is looking for the -devel packages.  You need to install
gtkhtml3-devel-<mumble>.

General rule-of-thumb: if you are *building* a package from source you
are going to need -devel packages.  The configure script is looking for
things like header files and such like, which are installed as part of
the -devel package.

> Thanks.
>
> On 7/17/06, Peter Hicks <peter.hicks at poggs.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 05:58:28PM +0530, Amit Rana wrote:
> >
> > > I dont get any error when I run ./configure, it ends like this...

> > > configure: error: Could not find a working gtkhtml version (need 3.1,
> > > 3.2, 3.6, or 3.8)
> >
> > Yes you do get an error, hence no Makefile being created.
> >

> > Peter.

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Web Hosting, with CGI and Database
heller at deepsoft.com       -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk