Undelete / undo question

Ian Lewis ianmlewis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 11:45:53 EDT 2006

Peter,

Is there a reason you are creating a huge split for a monthly credit card
payment? It seems like it would be easier to have a liability account for
your credit card account and make transactions with the expense account for
each purchase with the credit card. Then the monthly payment from your
checking account or whatever would be made against the liability account.
That way, at least you wouldn't have to create huge split transactions from
your checking account against the expense accounts directly (I'm guessing
that's how you're doing it).

Please excuse me for not using proper accounting terms,
Ian