Fedora core5 installtion question

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Jul 18 15:30:05 EDT 2006

At Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:18:21 -0400 Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:

> Robert Heller (heller at deepsoft.com) said:
> > > 'Official' FC5 RPMs are in the updates-testing repository for Fedora Core
> > > 5 - I'd love any feedback, as updating FC5 from 1.8 to 2.0 would be a
> > > fairly large change.
> >
> > Are RHel RPMs in the work?  OR will the FC5 RPMs install under RHel 4
> > (or RHel clones like CentOS 4.3)?
>
> In the works, yes. Initial builds failed the smoke-test, so I need to
> go see if it's a gnucash, g-wrap, or guile problem.

I was able to build GnuCash 2.0.0 from sources under CentOS 4.3, using
the g-wrap[-devel]-1.3.4<mumble> rpms from FC4.  I was able to build
the GnuCash 2.0.0 *docs* RPM using the .spec file that was in
gnucash-docs-2.0.0.tar.gz.

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration