Fedora core5 installtion question

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 19 01:04:58 EDT 2006

On Jul 19, 2006, at 12:25 AM, Jon Hamkins wrote:

> David Reiser wrote:
>
>> OFX DirectConnect requires libofx 0.8.1.  At the moment, the only
>> way  to get this is to build from cvs. See
>> http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=61170
>
>> I don't think the hbci crash was the result of libofx. Your copy
>> of  aqbanking is 7 months old. Aqbanking is up to version 2.2.0.
>> You'll need a newer version of Gwenhywfar (now at 2.3.1) when you
>> 'modernize' Aqbanking.
>
> After updating libofx, Gwenhywfar, and Aqbanking, will I also need
> to compile gnucash, or can I still use the Bill's gnucash RPM
> (perhaps uninstalling and reinstalling)?
>
>      ----Jon

I don't know. I don't know anything about rpms, and my knowledge of
the linking process is about as substantial as a fishnet stocking. I
think it will come down to whether Aqbanking has changed too much.
The part of libofx that's changed is the part that aqbanking uses, so
you might get away with reinstalling the rpm.

--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net