gnucash crash due to gtk accessibility module?

David Zeigler dzeigler at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 09:45:40 EDT 2006

Hi,
I'm running gnucash-2.0.0 on Gentoo built from the ebuild in portage.
I've been having issues with gnucash crashing.  I can reproduce the
problem by opening gnucash and then by simply closing gnucash.  The
crash also occurs when I go to reconcile an account and open the
Interest Payment window.

Here is my console output:
$ gnucash --debug
GTK Accessibility Module initialized
Bonobo accessibility support initialized
gnucash: [D] "starting up (1)."
gnucash: [D] "handling command line arguments"("gnucash")
gnucash: [D] "files to open: "()
gnucash: [D] (results ("1.11" "tsp" "vwd" "financecanada" "yahoo_nz"
"australia" "usa" "troweprice" "amfiindia" "nasdaq" "usfedbonds"
"bmonesbittburns" "aex_options" "yahoo_asia" "troweprice_direct"
"tiaacref" "canada" "yahoo" "seb_funds" "yahoo_brasil" "fidelity"
"greece" "dwsfunds" "yahoo_australia" "unionfunds" "asia"
"indiamutual" "brasil" "asegr" "deka" "nyse" "canadamutual"
"fidelity_direct" "asx" "fool" "tdwaterhouse" "trustnet"
"ftportfolios_direct" "uk_unit_trusts" "dutch" "ftportfolios" "nzx"
"tdefunds" "za" "aex_futures" "fundlibrary" "aex" "yahoo_europe" "nz"
"vanguard" "europe" "platinum" "maninv"))
gnucash: [M] "Found Finance::Quote version ""1.11"
GTK Accessibility Module initialized
Bonobo accessibility support initialized

The last 2 lines are output immediately before or during the crash.
It might be worth noting that gnucash was crashing before for me with
a gailtreeview.c error.  I eliminated that crash by emerging
libgail-gnome.

Here is a list of packages I have installed and their versions in case
it's relevant:
glib-2.10.3
guile-1.6.7
slib-2.4.3
zlib-1.2.3
popt-1.7-r1
gtk+-2.8.20-r1
libgnomeui-2.14.1
libgnomeprint-2.12.1
libgnomeprintui-2.12.1
libglade-2.5.1
gtkhtml-3.10.2
libxml2-2.6.26
g-wrap-1.3.4-r1
gconf-2.14.0
scrollkeeper-0.3.14-r2
goffice-0.2.1
doxygen-1.4.4

some accessibility packages that are installed:
atk-1.11.4
gail-1.8.11
libgail-gnome-1.1.3

Please let me know if more information would be helpful.
Thanks,
David