Font size problem with v 1.8.11

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Wed Jul 26 03:37:54 EDT 2006

On Thursday 29 June 2006 04:56, Leslie Katz wrote:
> Thank you to both Maf. and Derek for your replies.
>
> Before posting my question, I'd found information about amending one's
> .gtkrc.mine file to affect fonts in applications using GTK1.2 and had
> tried that, but without success so far as Gnucash was concerned.
> (Gnucash's the only application with which I'm having a problem.) Hence
> my question about a facility internal to the application.
>
> Oh well. I'll just have to try some more with the .gtkrc.mine file and
> then, when that doesn't work, wait for v 2 of Gnucash.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Leslie
This from another forum may help

In some applications like firefox, thunderbird and easytag the fonts do not
respond to the kde control center. If you install gnome-control-center using
synaptic these font sizes can be changed. However on restarting your computer
the changes are lost. This means a symbolic link between the settings and kde
autostart is required. So in a terminal type
lxuser at 1[~]$ gnome-font-properties
Setup font sizes then
lxuser at 1[~]$ ln -s /usr/lib/control-center/gnome-settings-daemon
~/.kde/Autostart/
The above works for 6.0, any problems would revolve around the symlink paths
which can be resolved using the find function.
 This is a method which has been used in Suse for awhile.

--
Debian Hint #23: If you want to change the module settings for Linux
kernels in the 2.4 series (found in /etc/modules.conf, or /etc/chandev.conf