gnucash 1.9.7 and Debian Etch

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jrposting at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 8 16:36:17 EDT 2006

> Thomas has already uploaded 1.9.7 to sid (thanks, Thomas!). I
> installed 1.9.6 and 1.9.7 from sid onto my etch system without too
> much trouble. Lot easier than compiling!

Thanks for the info. Thought I'd try to install this to my Dapper
system, so I added:

deb     http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian sid main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian sid main contrib non-free

/etc/apt/sources.list

and fired up Synaptic.

Unfortunately, I got the following error message when I tried to upgrade
gnucash to 1.9.7:

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/tzdata_2006g-2_all.deb: trying to overwrite
`/usr/share/zoneinfo/Africa/Algiers', which is also in package locales

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jeff