gnucash 1.9.7 and Debian Etch

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jrposting at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 9 16:39:09 EDT 2006

> > E: /var/cache/apt/archives/tzdata_2006g-2_all.deb: trying to overwrite
> > `/usr/share/zoneinfo/Africa/Algiers', which is also in package locales
> >
> Absolutely, this happens when you have to put on tzdata, which is needed for
> libc6.
> dpkg --force overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/tzdata._2006g-2_all.deb
> should do it

The answer was:

sudo dpkg --force-overwrite
--install /var/cache/apt/archives/tzdata_2006g-2_all.deb

But thanks for putting me on the right track.

1.9.7 really looks good.

Thanks, Bill, for the info that it was on sid. If anyone notices when
future versions make it there, I'd appreciate the announcement.

Jeff