Grapics Display (fwd)

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 12 01:41:29 EDT 2006

I had this problem in the 1.9 series when gnome was confused about my
fonts. I don't know exactly what was happening, but apparently the
default font wasn't available in my system, and gnome went nuts
trying to do a substitution.

I don't know enough about gnome 1 to give you specific suggestions on
where to look, though. My problems went away when I finally got the
Bitstream Vera font series referenced in the right location.

Dave