Automatic Bank Import

Chris Spencer gmane.20.evilspam at spamgourmet.com
Mon Jun 12 18:01:57 EDT 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:
> GnuCash does not have a csv importer.  However you could convert
> your CSV to QIF and then use the QIF importer..  All the importers
> will learn to match Payee, Description, or Memo strings to the
> target income/expense accounts.

How forgiving is the importer? If I import QIF files with overlapping
entries, will it ignore the duplicates?

Also, is there a scripting or command line interface to the QIF
importer? I'd like to write a Python script that downloads the CSV,
converts to QIF, then imports to Gnucash, without any interaction from me.

Chris