The Latest trouble

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 19:06:59 EDT 2006

I spent the weekend trying to get GnuCash to run on MacIntel OS X. After many
sops and starts, I was able to get Fink to see gnucash and install (this after
installing all the various packages separately. Note to site designers: the
"Software Dependencies" page is useless; the wiki has a better description of
the packages needed, even though it's not complete eithder).

So now, I finally try to use gnucash, and on startup, it puts up an empty
welcome dialog, an empty tip of the day, and the following error:

Applications "GuppiPlugInSpec" (process 15667) has crashed due to a fatal
error.
(Bus error)

[llink]Please visit the GNOME Application Crash page for more
information[/link]

The X11 terminal window puts up the following when I click the link:

Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1

Any ideas?

David