Can't create a stock account

Paul Schwartz pmjs1115 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 2 17:51:30 EST 2006

I can't find how to turn on the ability to create a
stck account.  I have a new install on Ubuntu 5.10,
and when I create a new account, clicking on the
commodity button only presents me with Currency.  When
editing an existing account, pressing the select
button on Commodity shows stock options if the account
is already a stock, but shows just Currency if it is
not a stock account.

How do I initiate a stock commodity for a new account?
Couldn't find anything in the FAQ.

Thanks

Paul Schwartz