Recovering from crash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Mar 5 17:23:47 EST 2006

Paul Schwartz <pmjs1115 at yahoo.com> writes:

> paul at paulsbox:~/gnucash$ gnucash PnMGL2a
> Warning: xaccTransFindOldCommonCurr...(): unable to
[snip]

> The font stuff at the bottom is normal, but the
> Warnings are new. I'm running 1.8.10.  What are the
> warnings for? What should I do about them.

The warnings are because the Log replay creates bogus
transactions.  It's a known bug.  All you can do in 1.8
is fix your data file XML by hand (search the lists for
previous discussions on this topic).

GnuCash 1.9 has this fixed.  The Check & Repair function
will correct your data file, and the Log Replay function
wont create bogus transactions anymore.