Automated invoicing.

Paul Schwartz pmjs1115 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 11:06:59 EST 2006

--- Wouter van Marle <wouter at squirrel-systems.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to automatically create invoices out
> of data stored in
> the GnuCash accounts?
> This in relation to my previous thread about "bank
> account vs assets
> issue". My company is making quite some expenses on
> behalf of another
> company (I book these expenses now as "liability";
> in the other
> company's books they can be expense, asset,
> whatever).
> At the end of the month, there is always quite a
> list of items I have to
> invoice to my partner's company. I now use the
> "reconcile" column to
> mark the items "cleared" for invoiced, this for me
> to keep track of what
> I have invoiced and what is new. Works OK, except
> for expenses through
> credit card of which I get the bill with a month or
> two delay (and no I
> do not have credit card slips or so of all these
> statements as it
> includes autopay and automated Internet payments).
> So I'm having more
> risk of missing items that are seriously backdated.
>
> Now I'd like to know, is there an easy way to create
> an invoice out of
> such a liabilities account, on a monthly basis, that
> includes all new
> entries, even if the post date is older than the
>
> Regards,
> Wouter van Marle

I'm not sure this is useful to you, but the terms
usually used with these things, as pointed out by
Derek, is as follows

what you are calling a liability is a liability for
that other company, but in your books it is an asset,
e.g., an account receivable.

It may seem arcane, but it is the accepted way to
reference these.

Paul